Nov
2012

…Well, we lost.

Can’t say that I didn’t try my best; I think that the wrong person won; and I think that the end result is going to be worse for the country.  And, oh, yeah, fine: the state polls weren’t smoking crack after all.

I’m not going to make any excuses or accusations; everybody I know involved in this tried their guts out, including the people who are about to get vilified for running a campaign that didn’t quite manage to unseat an unpopular incumbent.  And, honestly, I’m more worried about the folks who read me than I am about myself.  I’ll be fine; this isn’t my first loss, and it won’t be my last one, either.  And tomorrow I’ll wake up and never have to hear another stupid commercial about Yes/No on Question 6/7 ever again.

“There is a lot of ruin in a country.” And despair is a sin.

I repeat: despair is a sin.  The worst of them.

Moe Lane (crosspost)

• Doc Holliday says:

Good try all. Maybe I am in shock, but I don’t feel as bad as I thought I would. This is the country our people have built. Raging against the people, for being who they are, would be like Xerxes flogging the Hellespont.

We CAN blame ourselves, previous generations, and our culture for bringing the nation low, but at this point, the country is what it is.

Of course we need to start, again, trying to fix it tomorrow.

• Bubber says:

We had a chance to save the country from a devastating financial crisis. Now that chance is gone. Prepare for default and the loss of the dollar as a reserve currency. If Obamacare does get fully enacted it will never last… we don’t have the money.

• HeartbreakRidge says:

Well, I don’t despair, exactly. I just can’t see where we go from here, and more importantly, I just can’t stand to talk politics with anyone any time soon. I’ll still vote like I have, donate in the future, but that’s it. I can do no more. Maybe in three years or so I can bear to get back into politics. Maybe.

The rest of you carry on. I’m done. Good luck and God bless Moe. I just can’t do this anymore. I’m sorry.

• Canthros says:

Well. &*%$#@!

I’ve decided to have a stiff does of Vitamin W (Laphroiag Quarter Cask, specifically), some vidjagames, and … well, I was going to say an early night, but it’s much too late for that. A late night, then.

Damn. And double damn.

• Herp McDerp says:

I’ll be doing some heavy drinking the rest of the night … and I’ll wake up with one hell of a hangover tomorrow morning. That’s nothing compared to the four-year hangover the entire country is about to endure. But, hey! Free stuff!

We are so screwed.

• [...] let Moe Lane cover it, because he sums up how I feel pretty well… Can’t say that I didn’t try my best; [...]

• MikeCGannon says:

I’m kind of where HeartbreakRidge is: I just don’t see, politically, what more can be done. I haven’t lost faith in God, but I have lost faith in America. There may useful work ahead, but other shoulders will have to take it up. I’m not a Happy Warrior. I don’t enjoy the work of political activism anymore, and haven’t for several years. I’ll continue to vote, and continue to pray, but that’s it.
    However, I promise I will keep coming back for the non-political stuff. This is still the one blog I check multiple times daily.

• Lady Penguin says:

I’m feeling like HeartbreakRidge. Where does one go from here? It wasn’t just a photo op in NJ and a storm, it’s been 4 years of coverup by the MSM to keep the truth from the people. They’re still able to blame Bush.

Sort of numb, burned out. Still, your words, “Despair is a sin” are something to hold onto.

• Cameron says:

I’m annoyed, but not angry.
    Beaten, but not defeated.
    Employed and not a dependent.
    So what now? It’s back to work and looking out for my family.

• Spegen says:

The leviathan continues to grow and it shall eat our future.

And here we are in “interesting times”…
    I’m really not looking forward to the blamestorming… but we all know it’s coming.

• phineasfahrquar says:

This one hurt a lot worse than 2008. We’re headed for a train wreck, and there’s no one to blame but ourselves.

Ah well. The fight goes on.

I decline to participate in your self-blame.
      I did my part to fix this, as I suspect most of Moe’s readers did. The grasshoppers out-voted us. How do you assign us blame for this?
      No, the problem isn’t with us, the problem is with our fellow citizens.

• Canthros says:

Well, it’s the morning, and I’m all out of give-a-crap.

… How’s that Laundry Files RPG supplement?