Doing a quick eyeball assessment, and based on the people that Bing had watching the speech…
- Everybody likes the idea of immigration reform.
- Democrats like the idea of “bipartisan tax reform;” everybody else is meh.
- Democrats are meh about the idea of gun control; everybody else is FROM MY COLD, DEAD HANDS.
- And that latter attitude’s coming from the women, too.
- Climate change continues to demonstrate its status as something that we only like to worry about when the economy’s healthy.
- Bringing the troops home remains popular.
- Wow, look at all those women so totally not give a sh*t about the Violence Against Women and Paycheck Fairness Acts!
I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest that maybe Obama should have just sent a note. The way that we used to do, before Woodrow Wilson screwed things up for everybody. Like he was wont to do.