Apr
2013

Anybody play Singularity?

Did it suck?

The pitch text says: “Singularity is a first-person shooter developed by the legendary Raven Software and utilizing the power and flexibility of the Unreal 3 game engine. Set in an alternate present of 2010, players take on the role of a US Air Force pilot who while investigating an extreme radiation signature, stumbles upon a top secret Cold War era Soviet program, run amok which not only causes monstrous mutations, but also threatens to alter nature of time itself.”  Sounds like the sort of game I’d get into, but this is the first that I’ve heard of it.  I assume that there’s a reason for that…

• Catseyes says:

No sorry I’m still doing Gal Civ 1. Hey I like what I like. I can ask around.

• richard_froste says:

I did…in fact, my team made it. 🙂 So, I’m biased…

Want me to see if I can find a copy at the office and get it signed for you by some of the guys?

It was not our most publicized game 🙂

Yeah, sure, but don’t knock yourself out about it. 🙂

• richard_froste says:

I scrounged up a PC copy and got it signed by a bunch of folks; could not find any console copies in my stash. I assume you can see my non-work email in my site registration info? If not, I can give you my work email and you can tell me where to send this off to.

• Luke says:

My info is second-hand, so take it for what it’s worth.

I’ve heard that it’s buggy as hell, has serious gameplay issues, and a blah story/setting with major plot holes.
    Are you looking for recommendations? I wrote up a review for Alpha Protocol not too long ago. (Even though it’s buggy as hell, has serious gameplay issues, but also has one heck of a story.) http://destinyguardian.com/community/topic/159-alpha-protocol/ Might be up your alley.

• HeartbreakRidge says:

the Giant Bomb guys were talking about it again recently, I think the consensus was a lot of good ideas that were executed not as well, but worth taking a look at.