Oct
2013

Look, @BarackObama: just get the… just get out of the way of the veterans.

They are going to go see their war monuments whether you and the rest of the Democratic party likes it, or not.

Stop embarrassing yourself: more importantly, stop embarrassing me. I feel at least mildly responsible for not being able to keep you out of office in 2008 and 2012.

• Luke says:

I’m shocked they didn’t realize that this was a losing proposition by the end of day 1.
    And yet, they still keep trying.

• jetty says:

How is this being spun by the Obama sycophants at ABC/NBC/CBS/CNN? I ask because I don’t allow TV in my house.

• JustDave says:

I saw a thing on reddit that was attempting to put blame for the various shutdowns on Congress (and specifically, the Republican members thereof).

I didn’t open the article, and couldn’t say how effective said spin was. But, you know, the usual war cry of the donks: everything that’s gone wrong is the fault of Republicans.

• Luke says:

Mostly, they’re ignoring it.

• Cameron says:

Were I in a position to do so, I would point out to the President that the Iwo Jima Marines are treated with a great deal of reverence and doing things against them is not going to be viewed in a positive light.

Also note the damnfool decision to cancel the service academy football games.
      President Phan Poopypants may have been born in Hawaii, but he does *not* understand this country.

• Catseyes says:

Once again I agree with Acat and Jetty it’s not getting covered but everyone seems to know about it. O’bama himself complained about too many people blaming both sides. The story won’t spin the way they want.

The Dems are misremembering the last shutdown, Gingrich vs. Clinton.
      They are remembering the media narrative that said Clinton won, hands down… in part because, about that time, Gingrich got knifed in the back by Boehner .. small world, huh? .. and told to step aside.
      Thing is, if you look at the elections immediately following, the GOP didn’t pay much of a political price at all.
      (I suppose we could count having to put up with the cowardly lion Boehner as the leader all this as a price…)

• lineholder says:

I’m really glad 2MB2DC is putting some of these pics and videos up at their FB page because it actually puts things into perspective…this who President Obama is shutting out of these memorials.

Not a good optic for the Dems. Truly isn’t.