Oct
2013

Quote of the Day, Better Late Than Never, I Suppose edition. #obamacare

Politico:

Since the Affordable Healthcare Act was introduced in 2009, Republicans have dismissed President Barack Obama’s oft-repeated promise that anyone who liked their insurance plan would be able to keep it.

[snip]

For years, the media turned a blind eye to conservatives’ insistent warnings, often taking the president’s promise for granted. But this week, as health insurance cancellation letters started showing up in Americans’ mailboxes and the website roll-out flopped, the GOP message finally broke into the mainstream.

This is annoyingly correct. I mean, I’ve been telling people that “If you like your plan, you can keep your plan” was a lie since 2011.  Most of the people that I work with in this thing we do knew it, too.  We’ve been banging this drum for a long time.

On the bright side: turns out that the GOP leadership actually, you know, might have been listening for once.  They’ve certainly been quick to jump on this…

“And yet, the warning signs were there from the beginning.”
    It’s lines like that which makes me want to reach through the screen and throttle the authors of that article.

• midwestconservative says:

Questioning authority is NOW mainstream? Didn’t these people call it Patriotic back in 04?

You thinking of Hillary’s “Dissent is the highest form of patriotism” quote?
      I love throwing that back in libs’ teeth.

• Luke says:

Remember, the worst of all political sins is being right too soon.

• Cameron says:

So does this mean that Politico is racist or bought out by the Koch Brothers? I’m confused.

• Pastor Bear says:

Don’t get excited about MSM reports. The next election is a long way away. When it gets closer, they’ll be back in the Democrats’ pocket again.

• Cameron says:

When the media actually does journalism, I view it like when a dog finally figures out how to go outside to go to the bathroom after months of training. You want to praise them for doing something right while making sure you still have the paper towels handy.

• Spegen says:

Saw the same thing prior to 2012, there was some glimmer of actual journalism but was quickly squashed as the election neared.

• sicsemperstolidissimum says:

To a different audience from this one:
    If you like your confidence in, trust for, and respect of Barack Obama, you can keep it.