Mar
2014

Today… is St. Patrick’s Day.

I understand that people inexplicably like this holiday, so fine. But I will not wear green, I have no intention of eating any sort of amusing ethnic food, and while I wouldn’t mind a beer my wife’s on a business trip this week so that ain’t happening. We’re just gonna go through the day and thank God it’s snowing out which may cut down on the faux-Irishmen wandering around, vomiting.

:air-quotes” “Faith.” And “begorrah.”

PS: Pretty much purebred Boston Irish Catholic (well, my parents were from Boston), actually. Which is why I hate St. Patrick’s Day, frankly.

Come on, Moe! St. Patrick’s Day is one of the few Catholic holidays we have here in America. Think about it: We are celebrating a Catholic saint who converted pegans into christians! AND YOU GET TO DRINK GREEN BEER!
    Enjoy it while both christianity and beer are both still legal.

• zamoose says:

A) I would’ve used “Fauixrish”
    B) you should add the extra gloss of proper spelling and correct folks — his name was Padraig, so I’m not sure who “St. Patty” even refers to, but it’s not the patron saint of Ireland

• Luke says:

I proudly wear orange on St. Patrick’s day.
    I get lots of confused looks.

• Spegen says:

Your stuck at home with another school closing for [email protected], you deserve a beer.

Heh. St. Patrick’s Day is a fun one in Chicago also.

• qixlqatl says:

I have never needed an excuse to drink too much beer….

• Catseyes says:

Never drank green beer and never will. It’s a terrible thing to do to a good beer. As for food I prefer a Limerick Ham on St. Patrick’s, so much better than corned beef. Also there’s usually enough left for sandwiches on the day after.

• Finrod says:

I’ve heard it said that St. Patrick’s Day is one of the two big Amateur Drinking Night holidays; the other being of course New Years Eve.

• Patrick Thomas says:

I’ve always called it drinking with amateurs day. Cinco de Mayo is another one. I spend most of my day running from show to show for dance outs. But, it is actually fun and then at the end of the night, a nice glass of Redbreast is very soothing.