I was going to snark on this, but on reflection I thought that I should instead note:
- Mark Pryor, son of Gov./Sen. David Pryor.
- Mark Udall, son of Rep. Morris Udall.
- Mark Begich, son of Rep. Nick Begich.
- Michelle Nunn, daughter of Sen. Sam Nunn.
- Alison Lundergan Grimes, daughter of KY Dem Chairman Jerry Lundergan.
- Mary Landrieu, daughter of Mayor/HUD Secretary Moon Landrieu.
- Jason Carter, grandson of President Jimmy Carter.
- Gary King, son of Gov. Bruce King.
- Vincent Shaheen, nephew of SC Speaker Robert Shaheen.
…those are the ones that just leaped out at me (OK, OK, I went through the Senate/gubernatorial lists). At any rate: this was a bad year to be a member of a political dynasty. Well, if you were a Democrat, at least: I didn’t check the Republicans, mostly because I didn’t see much point to it. Either the Republican dynasty scions also lost, which would have proved my point further or they happened to win, which would have heaped more coals on the heads of the Democrats who failed their Houses. Good news either way, in other words.
So, hey, let’s go with 2016. I figure that Jeb Bush won’t win the nomination, so no skin off of my nose, hey?
(H/T: Hot Air Headlines)