Dec
2014

Personal wi-fi network down..

..typing this from my phone. No music tonight, sorry.

[UPDATE] Annnnnd we’re back up, again.  For absolutely no discernible reason, either way.  Arrgh, this magic thinky box, to quote Our British Cousins…

• HeartbreakRidge says:

DO PANIC!

• Catseyes says:

AT&T?

• Catseyes says:

Nope don’t think so. But I had something similar happen and I have AT&T. Happened last year while I was coincidentally doing a work-at-home gig for AT&T, didn’t lose TV just internet which isn’t supposed to happen when it goes out you should lose both.

• Catseyes says:

It could also be a sign your Wifi router is starting to go.

True, that. Or .. what happened with mine .. AT&T want you to upgrade it. I never ran into that one, my AT&T box always had a Linksys wireless router running dd_wrt *wired* to it.

• Herp McDerp says:

Why are you helpless without WiFi? I’ll bet your cable modem has an Ethernet port (true, some are wireless-only, but not many), and that your main computer speaks Ethernet too. It could be time to invest in some Cat-5 cable as an emergency backup.

Sorry, I don’t speak Magic Thinky Box as a first language. My main computer is plugged into the cable modem, which inexplicably decided to simply stop working for about fifteen minutes last night. My Fire phone has 4G, so I had to go in through there.

I do like the mobile version of WordPress, by the way. It was a lot more functional than I expected.

• nighttwister says:

Someone at the CIA/NSA/FBI/IRS pushed the wrong button. They quickly realized their mistake and turned it back on before you noticed what they were doing.

• Finknottle says:

He was not the only one. My AT&T went down for ~15min in the middle of Monday Night Football.