Overall, I had a good time with this game. Yes, Mass Effect: Andromeda‘s animation needs hella work. It’ll be interesting to see if the patch Thursday addresses that; it had better clean up some of the quest bugs in the game, including one mission that I’m quite keen to finish up. But the combat is a lot better and I enjoyed playing a Mass Effect game where I didn’t have a little voice inside my head keep screaming gettheregettheregettherebeforeeverybodydies all the time. It was a bit relaxing, really.
Couple of tips:
- The level cap is soft, but the Nexus upgrade cap is NOT. Decide which upgrades you want ahead of time.
- Some people found Liam worthless. Those people apparently did not play Liam’s loyalty mission, which is hand’s-down the funniest mission in the game.
- When your companions comment about an encampment, there’s typically something there to look at. Even if it’s just walking XP.
- Being sarcastic/funny in this game comes across a lot like… well, like being an extremely young kid who has been suddenly given this job and is not entirely certain that she can hack it, so she’s overcompensating. This works rather well, actually.
- Don’t jump in the goram blue electrical water. Or any water, really.
All in all: good game, will play again, waiting for DLC.