Dec
2019

The I AM JESUS CHRIST video game teaser trailer.

It’s rare that you see a video game trailer that makes everybody stop and go lolwhut? I AM JESUS CHRIST has managed it, though. Who are they expecting to play this game, anyway?

And it’s got an entry on Steam, so if the game’s a hoax then it’s a more elaborate one than usual. It’s also just a little too easy to shake one’s head and say ‘blasphemy.’ Blasphemy in these decadent times doesn’t usually bother to make this much of an effort. Wondrously, terrifyingly: this might be sincere.

Ach, the times we live in!

PS: I don’t know. Maybe. It’ll depend on the price point.

• Aetius451AD says:

I am not sure what to say to this one.
    *Insert joke about God mode*
    It strikes me odd, but I do not detect the tongue in cheek feel of mockery or sucker punch. Might well be real.

• nicklevi86 says:

The quality/activity appears to me as “earnest, if predictable Christian Media” production values.
      Interpret that trope how you will.

• Aetius451AD says:

Also, completely off topic, but the new Wonder Woman 1984 trailer dropped.

• Compound says:

It’s like Untitled Goose Game, but instead of terrorizing a small English village, you’re make Jerusalem nicer. Still, the Savior better have a “honk” button to spam.

• nicklevi86 says:

You realize there’s The Money-changer’s in Temple Court level to play through, right? Plenty of opportunity for action.

• nicklevi86 says:

Or there should be. Haven’t played it, but if it’s not an option, it’ll be a major oversight.

• Rockphed says:

Money changers, pigs, fig trees. Jesus has a few vengeful God moments. Also, there should be a “pharasee annoyance” meter that causes problems for the people you help if you do too much in one place.

When asking “What Would Jesus Do?” .. remember that knocking over furniture and beating on people with a whip are valid options …

• Jon says:

Honestly, there may be people who want to play a Skyrim-type game but are uncomfortable with magic that’s disconnected from their religion. There are strong mystical groups in Catholicism and Judaism, which sometimes get little respect. I’m not saying it’s a large market, but some of them may enjoy.