…and the bees… apparently swarmed away in response. Interesting facts:
- Bees can slap together a hive fairly quickly.
- There’s anywhere from 10K to 20K bees in a swarm.
- That’s a lot of freaking bees.
- And apparently bees are ninja: they can just… disperse, and you’ll never know where they went until they swarm again.
- You can tell European bees from African bees from the lack of bodies associated with the former.
- People who collect bees are very, very eager to collect more bees.
- And, generally, people who collect bees are kind of nice. Everybody I talked to about this was of cheerful temperament and civil demeanor.
That’s it. I just wish I knew where the swarm went.
PS: I got my wife to admit today “Yeah, Moe, that’s a swarm.” She knows I’m phobic – big time – so she half-thought that five or six was my swarm.