The… Battleship?… Trailer.

Wait.  What?

He can’t believe that he’s in this film, either.

Liam, did you lose a bet?

PS: This will be singer Rihanna’s introduction to the big screen, by the way… which seems to be a fairly cruel thing to do to the woman.

• Skip says:

That looks surprisingly… not as awful as expected. Although what the Decepticons are doing in the film I’m not sure.

• Skip says:

By the way, the Knights of Badassdom looks right up your alley, if you haven’t seen the comic-con trailer yet.

• Catseye says:

I played in the old “Traveler” game system spaceship combat versus naval elements is not going to go well for either side. Modern naval forces simply carry too big wallop even for starships. If the starships lack shields their in a for whole world of hurt. And starships cost way more than a battleship.

• Jeff says:

I don’t know. I theory a spaceship can just nuke the whole place from orbit and be done with it. I’m guessing the most powerful weapon on the side of the battleship is the writer. This looks bad but maybe stupid/fun and gives off a real SyFy Channel vibe. My expectations are low. I’m also hoping that spaceships/giant robots that ‘transform’ don’t become a thing now.

• countrydoc says:

Trailer removed. I blame Bush

It’s working for me, countrydoc. You using FF?

• Jeff says:

I just figured it out. The Navy will hide our carrier group in sector E-14, but the aliens will not know this and nuke sector F-20, clearly a ‘MISS’. Our response will be ICBM’s on the alien battleship in A-4, a HIT. The movie, unfortunately, a MISS. I kill me….

• Jeff says:

Wait! In the trailer, those things the alien ship shoots out that impail into the side of the ship. Those are red pegs! It only takes three of those to sink a cruiser!

• Catseye says:

Jeff your a little to quick on the nuclear trigger for me, you only shoot those things off when you really HAVE TOO. And as a side note not every ship has a nuke round in it’s tubes.