Interesting. Of this list*:
- Have read Atlas Shrugged (sadism porn, frankly).
- Haven’t read On the Origin of Species (never felt the need).
- Haven’t read Les Miserables (skipped the musical, too. And the movie. Loved the Animaniacs bit).
- Have read A Tale of Two Cities (for high school. I think I’ve read a bit of Dickens, actually).
- Have read 1984 (a hell of a lot more times than the people who love to use it to bash Republicans. Also: masochism porn, frankly).
- Haven’t read Democracy in America (yes, I am ashamed. I think that I even have it for Kindle).
- Haven’t read The Wealth of Nations (I have taken a stab at it; hard going).
- Have read Moby Dick (only once; every time I’ve tried since then, I’ve lost my copy somehow. Seriously weird, actually).
- I can’t remember if I’ve read The Art of War or not.
- Have read The Prince (tried to read the Discourses, got sidetracked).
- I’ve looked at Ulysses. I’ve looked at it real hard.
I wonder if this really means anything, one way or the other. I mean, I was an English major; it’s hardly surprising that I like to read.
*I’ll spare you the tedium of linking each one to its Amazon.com entry. Sorry; it’s been a long week and the kids are on a reduced school schedule. And I still got four days to go…