These are quite often wrong.
- John Boehner will be confirmed as Speaker of the House.
- Mitch McConnell will be confirmed as Senate Majority Leader.
- Neither Harry Reid nor Nancy Pelosi will announce their retirements in 2015.
- A Republican will win the special election for NY-11.
- The Supreme Court will, in a 5-4 decision, rule that Obamacare only authorizes subsidies to individuals who have signed up via a state exchange, not the federal one.
- The next month after that will host one of the most intense domestic political debates in American history.
- The Supreme Court will, also in a 5-4 split, rule that the US Constitution neither permits nor bans same-sex marriage. It will resolutely ignore the FF&C Clause, except in the dissents.
- At least three Senators will announce this year, surprisingly, that they will not be seeking re-election.
- David Vitter will win the governorship of Louisiana. His running mate will be Elbert Guillory, who will also win.
- Good 2015 movies: Age of Ultron, Star Wars Episode VII, Inside Out.
- Bad 2015 movies: Jurassic World, Mad Max: Fury Road, The Fantastic Four, Jupiter Ascending.
- 2015 movies that will defy analysis: Terminator: Genisys, Ant-Man.
- Lastly: The Chicago Cubs will win the World Series. I figure that the payoff from being right on this would easily make up for any sting from being wrong.
I think that should cover it.
Moe Lane (crosspost)
PS: Wait, one more: hoverboards!