Come, I will conceal nothing from you. [LINK FIXED.]

[Sorry, guys. The link’s fixed: and, yeah, it’s about the DC food truck crackdown.]

There are so many things already wrong with the District of Columbia’s local government system that the wrong thing that’s going to start piss off government/government-derived/political workers, starting tomorrow, is not really high up on my list.  So the grease trucks are going to get harassed out of existence?  Wow, excessively intrusive government regulations just suck, huh?

Admittedly, there are plenty of small-government DC workers out there who are getting hammered by this, too.  Them I have more sympathy for.  And the grease trucks themselves, of course.

• Jeff Weimer says:

Ok, I’m confused. What does the opening to “The Emperor’s New Groove” have to do with DC and grease trucks?

• Cameron says:

Add me to the list of “equally puzzled.”

• Jeff Weimer says:

I’m guessing it has to do with the city government doing it’s level best to create and maintain a hostile work environment for food trucks – from setting up special parking ticket task forces to police just them to multiple, random inspections and odd requirements for the owner to be in the truck at all times it’s selling food.

• Catseye says:

Crying babies must instantly be placated!

• Rob Crawford says:

“odd requirements for the owner to be in the truck at all times it’s selling food”
    The owner? Really? What do they do about people who own more than one? Or partnerships?

• Jeff Weimer says:

I think I have what Moe was pointing to. Apparently, the trucks must have customers waiting at all times or they have to move immediately. Until tomorrow, there was a 15-minute grace period before they had to leave.

• qixlqatl says:

Ah, we always referred to one of those as a “roach coach”.

• Catseye says:

Actually, I thought the old link made the point better. Restaurants don’t like the competition from Food Trucks so they run crying to City Government. City Government cracks down on the Food Trucks making it tougher for them to make a living. Crying babies must instantly be placated, BY LAW if necessary. BYE, BYE Food Trucks!

• Catseye says: