I’m in the process of revising and editing the four stories that will be in them. The genre for DUTIES is fantasy/space opera: nothing particularly horrific this go-round. I don’t know when it’s coming out, though. After I revise, I gotta find an artist to illustrate ’em. I’m hoping no more than a couple of months, I guess.
15900/32000, and I may need to revise when this is going to be ready. Although it’s not that bad. For that matter, things are already starting to calm down on the home education front. The kids seem to be getting used to the schedule, huzzah.
We must keep on carrying on, then. Word-count waits for no man.
15,250/32,000. Better, but not quite at a good cruising speed. Finished “The Fight in the Grove,” (final wordcount: 5,300) and am now working on “Processing Duty.” I am starting to think that this may be a five-story job. Which would be a further complication. Ach, well.
Still stuck at 500 words/day, and I’ve just decided not to pad this current story into 8,000 words. If it really wants to be 6,000 words that badly, fine. Maybe I’ll need the wordcount for the other ones.
13,800/32,000. Hrm. This needs to go faster. A lot faster. The 500/word per word strategy just ain’t gonna cut it for this project. The problem is, if I up it to 1,500/words per day I’m likely to end up with crap, which is worse than not getting this project situated by the end of the month. I must think about this further.
Snippet from ‘The Fight In The Grove’ after the fold.
DUTIES is going to be four previously published stories: “Processing Duty,” “The Fight In the Grove,” “Frogman Prince,” and (my personal favorite) “Meatbags.” I was originally going to type “published on Patreon,” but since all the magazines out there insist on treating them as bloody reprints they can damn well not be hyphenated-published stories. Fair’s fair.